5 Projects Causes "You are not authorized to access TFS"

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 20, 2007 at 3:09 PM
We have a situation were we have many projects all in 1 Team Project.

I tried setting up multiple projects in the TFS plugin that all point to the same team project and point to the same working directory.

This worked ok until I got to the point where I have 5 projects setup. Once I added in the 5th project I got this error:

----------
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.TeamFoundationServerUnauthorizedException: TF30063: You are not authorized to access TFS.
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationSoapProxy.ThrowIfUnauthorized(HttpWebResponse response)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationSoapProxy.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationServiceProxyWsdl.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationProxy.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.RefreshMemoryCache()
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.RefreshCachesIfNeeded(Boolean direct)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Repository.GetUrlForService(String serviceName)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Repository.get_WebServiceUri()
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Repository.CreateSoapRequest(String methodName, HttpWebRequest& request, XmlWriter& requestXml)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Repository.QueryHistory(String workspaceName, String workspaceOwner, ItemSpec itemSpec, VersionSpec versionItem, String user, VersionSpec versionFrom, VersionSpec versionTo, Int32 maxCount, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean generateDownloadUrls, Boolean slotMode)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Client.<GetHistoryInternal>d__6.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Client.<GetHistory>d__0.MoveNext()
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.Vsts.GetModifications(IIntegrationResult from, IIntegrationResult to) in C:\projects\opensource\vstsplugins\trunk\source\ccnet\ccnet.vsts.plugin\Vsts.cs:line 127
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.QuietPeriod.GetModifications(ISourceControl sourceControl, IIntegrationResult lastBuild, IIntegrationResult thisBuild)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.IntegrationRunner.Integrate(IntegrationRequest request)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Project.Integrate(IntegrationRequest request)
at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.ProjectIntegrator.Integrate()
----------

We are using the Workgroup Edition of TFS, which is limited to 5 users, so I wonder if somehow this could be the problem, that the plugin is trying to make 5 concurrent connections?

I dunno. In the mean time I changed it to treat our entire codebase as 1 project, with a bunch of builds (1 build for each solution), but it would be nice to know which projects were not building, instead of just knowing that something wasn't building.