TeamBuild ccnet plugin

Topics: User Forum
Nov 7, 2006 at 10:36 PM
This thread is about a comment left for TFS plugin 1.2.1 being released:
http://vstsplugins.sourceforge.net/index.php/archives/news/2006/13#comments

There is a comment from a user, Craig Campbell, about creating a TeamBuild CCNet plugin. In it he mentions how it communicates with both Team Foundation Server and CC.Net. This is exactly what I am looking for, and he mentions that if there is any interest that he would share his solution.

I was wondering if his solution was ever posted anywhere and also what your thoughts on it were...

Thanks for your assistance.
Nov 8, 2006 at 4:25 PM
lambda,

I do have the solution and will gladly share it. However, I do want you to be aware of a few issues that I have found.

The first issue is that if you do not use the plug-in like you would use TeamBuild then there may be some problems. What we have done is a trunk and branches folder under each Team Projecct. TeamBuild requires a group to check out the entire Team Projecct so that it can build just trunk, or one of the branches. This is extremely inefficient and slowed us down so much that we haven't been using it.

The second issue is really not that much of an issue, but more of an annoyance. The amount of information that is published back to TFS is minimal compared to what you get from a TeamBuild executed from Visual Studio. It doesn't as yet publish a global list of builds which doesn't allow Reports to be created.

This has been our experience, but I wouldn't mind hearing how others have handled the same problems. Maybe I am missing something, and if so, we can then fix the TeamBuild plug-in to be more useful.

--Craig