TFS2008 CCNET Plugin Internal Error

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 6, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I have CCNET 1.4 running on Windows 2003 with the .Net 2.0 Framework.

I recently added the TFS Plugin for 2008 and am getting following error when adding a "vsts" project:

2009-07-06 14:58:54,687 [DealerPortal Dev:ERROR] INTERNAL ERROR: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
----------
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
   at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.Vsts.GetModifications(IIntegrationResult from, IIntegrationResult to)
   at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Sourcecontrol.QuietPeriod.GetModifications(ISourceControl sourceControl, IIntegrationResult lastBuild, IIntegrationResult thisBuild)
   at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.IntegrationRunner.GetModifications(IIntegrationResult from, IIntegrationResult to)
   at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.IntegrationRunner.Integrate(IntegrationRequest request)
   at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Project.Integrate(IntegrationRequest request)
   at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.ProjectIntegrator.Integrate()
   at ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.ProjectIntegrator.Run()

Do I need to upgrade to 3.5? Please advise. Thanks.

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:37 PM

The .net framework has nothing to do with this. It is your visual studio version that needs to be VSTS 2008.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:58 PM

This would make sense since VS2005 is currently installed on the build server. However, would I need to do an entire install of VS2008 - which because of too few licenses wouldn't be easy - or are there just some files that I need?

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:33 PM

My recommendation would be to use the 1.32 plugin which is for vsts 2005, or up to the latest code 1.5 of cc.net, which no longer requires the plug-in and will use which ever you have installed.